07 Feb Things to keep in mind for your small business in marketing and social media
It’s a New Year and that means new beginnings as well as things to keep in mind for your small business with regards to marketing and social media this year!!
People often forget about or don’t realise how important marketing is in this day and age especially on your social media platforms. These platforms are extremely important in order to reach your potential customers these days. People often don’t want to put much money or effort behind a good marketing campaign to reach their ideal customers and often look for an easy or Idle approach that doesn’t cost much.
Whilst digital and social media advertising doesn’t cost as much as your traditional media (TV ads, outdoor advertising or even print). People often forget about how important good quality content is and often overlook this or want a cheaper option…
It is important to remember that everything works together in order to attract your customers to your brand! Keep that in mind!
A few things to keep in mind this year:
- Don’t be afraid to push your business on social media platforms – some people are sceptical, but it has proven results, and is more cost effective than most spaces to advertise on, and is easier for you to reach your ideal target audience or customer. Not to mention most people are on at least one of the social media channels/ platforms these days – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest … etc. why not allocate a small budget and try it out? If you haven’t already.
- Make sure your content is up to scratch and that it is quality content, as if it isn’t your posts won’t do as well and it would give customers a different view of your brand that might not be a good one. The type of content I’m referring to is your image and written content. Look at getting a photographer in to take some decent quality photos or videos so you can work with them on social media, as content is always king nowadays especially on your social media platforms! Written content wise if you struggle with creating great posts maybe look at chatting to a copywriter for some help.
- Always think carefully about the posts you create and make sure they speak and indicate the right message to your customers.
- Make sure you create a social media marketing plan- this will help you set your goals and posts ahead of time and will help you avoid most mistakes.
- Strategize – a marketing or social media strategy is very important to create in order to know where you want to post, who your target audience is, and the best place to reach them etc.
- Don’t forget social media engagement is also important – and should be an integral part of your strategy too. Never skimp on or limit your company’s social media engagement as it can pose a huge threat to your company’s social media presence.
- Remember to always post consistently – always develop a routine posting schedule in order to make sure you post consistently. Plan how often you want to post on each social media channel/ platform, and always remember to plan the type of content you want to publish ahead of schedule.
- Make sure your website is up to scratch you don’t want to lose your customers when they reach your website. Because it isn’t set up correctly and doesn’t show them what they want to see or doesn’t look pleasing or is difficult to navigate. If this is an issue speak to your website designer and make the changes you need to rectify your website.
- Lastly, make sure your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of your website is up to scratch as if it is you will do better organically on Google search pages in the organic results.
If you think about these pointers and start do a few you might find your presence and brand awareness will increase and more than likely lead to more clients/customers.